Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pinterest, how I love thee!

What is Pinterest?

You can read from Pinterest's About page that they describe it as:

A virtual pinboard — a place where you can create collections of things you love and "follow" collections created by people with great taste.
People use Pinterest to collect and share all sorts of things -- wedding inspiration, favorite T-shirts, DJ equipment. You name it, people are pinning it.


I can't tell you all how much I love Pinterest! You can create boards for whatever you want. You can see some of the ones I've created above. Since I've had Pinterest for several months now I've had to expand my boards. I used to just have a "Recipe Book" board but now I have "Delish Desserts" and "Breakfast Brilliance."

I particularly use Pinterest for recipes. Now that I have an iphone too I can just use the free pinterest app to look up the recipe in the grocery store and see exactly what ingredients I need.


I recently made this delicious Mexican Casserole ("hotdish" for you North Dakotan's). On most pins you can click a link at the top right of the pin and it will take you to the source of the pin where you can see more information about the pin (the recipe, the directions or the cost).

I made these fun treats for our Halloween Party. See where it says "From cakeinfo.blogspot.com" I clicked there for the baking time and over temperature.

This might by my favorite board so far because it's really working out in my favor! I have a "Wish List" board where I pin sometimes reasonable and sometime outrageous thing I wish to have sometime. I have pinned both the things below and shortly after I received both of them as gifts. What great friends and family I have!


Thank you Aunt Lee! What a thoughtful gift! I will always think of home and the many good memories I've had there when I wear it.


These adorable measuring cups arrives from my best friend, Anlee, for my birthday! Thanks Anlee. You know how much I love sheep. To be fair, I tagged her when I pinned this but I didn't expect to receive them. Future pinterest users this is another great feature. Simply type @theirname to tag someone in your pin and they'll be notified.

How do I start pinning you ask?
Well contact me via this blog, facebook, or email and I'll send you an invitation so you can start asap. If you simply request an invitation on the website I think you might be put on a waiting list. And when you join, add me, because I'd love to follow you! If you need a laugh, check out my board, "Comical".

Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment