Friday, November 20, 2009

Details I promised


Caroline & Bryan’s Wedding

Saturday November 14, 2009


Here is their photographer's blog. She's just posted photos from the wedding!

http://ssphotography.wordpress.com/2009/11/23/caroline-bryan-married-11-14-09/


Last Thursday I left Ecuador at the ungodly hour of 4am! After 13 hours and two flights I arrived in the Philly airport! It was so good to be greeted by my mom, my cousin, Lindsay (a Maid of Honor), and a stale bag of Twizzlers! They really know the way to my heart! I’m embarrassed to say that I ate half the bag on the ride to my relative’s house. The trip was well worth the travel! I was so happy to see my family and to be in Caroline’s wedding! I’ve decided I really like being a bridesmaid!


Thursday night we all hung around. I met some more family and the other Maid of Honor, Alex. The festivities really kicked off on Friday morning with the best mani/pedi I’ve ever had! Mom and I decided we’d have to speak to our nail place in Georgia because they just don’t even compare! At 1:00pm we all trekked off to the Bridesmaid Luncheon my mom planned! I met another bridesmaid and got to see lots of friends and family. I have to say my mom did a great job with the Bridesmaid luncheon. The decorations were beautiful!



So before this weekend I didn’t know anyone in the Bridal Party except my brother and my cousin, Lindsay. The rehearsal began at 5:00pm and I hadn’t really had time to meet the whole wedding party before we were asked to assemble in our places for the wedding rehearsal. After going through the mock wedding John, the groomsman I was paired with, and I stepped forward, linked arms, and walked down the isle as instructed. When we reached the room off to side we stepped apart and finally met each other. At this point I was able to meet everyone else too.


The rehearsal dinner was held at the Desmond Hotel. The bride and groom had a lot of out of town guests and the hotel was very helpful! At the rehearsal dinner Caroline and Bryan gave out bridal party gifts! Us gals got a beautiful set of pearl earrings, a matching pearl necklace, and a pashmina. I was happy to wear them in the wedding and I can’t wait to wear them again soon! Thanks Caroliney! The boys got spiffy shaving sets.


Wedding Day


The bride was getting her hair did by 8:00am. I was a good bit luckier with a hair appointment at 11:00am. I got to watch the three year old flower girl getting her hair done! She was adorable and sat perfectly still to have her hair done and even let her aunt paint her nails! Her mom looked over at one point and said, “Shannon you look so beautiful.” She responded, “ I know mommy.”


After breakfast and hair dos we all returned to my relative’s house to get ready: make-up, fancy new jewelry, brilliant peep toe stockings (who even knew these existed?), and lastly my dress. The photographer arrived at 1:00 to take our pictures. It was really a photography duo and the girl’s husband was at the Desmond Hotel taking pictures of the groomsmen. Around 2:15 after a champagne toast to the bride we headed off in a limo to the church! The bride arrived a short while later. After a few fits by the ring bearer and the three attempted flower girls we were set to go!



The wedding went off really smoothly! There were only a few tears but everything was wonderful! It was very beautiful and I am very happy for Caroline and Bryan!

Afterwards the wedding party took the limo to Aronimink Country Club for pictures before the cocktail hour and the reception. Despite the generally rainy day we got to take some pictures outside by the golf course. Some wedding party pictures and most of the family photos were taken by the glowing fireplace inside! Aronimink was a great place for the reception! It was very cozy and warm! Caroline and her helpers planned and organized some great décor and special touches!! I will have to report a few ideas to my friends on the verge of getting married.




The reception was a blast! Great music (The Jack Faulkner Orchestra), great company, great food and drink! I was so excited to have a steak at the rehearsal dinner and the wedding! (My aunt also set me up with some munchies and chocolate to bring back to Ecuador with me). We all had fortune cookies on our plates when we entered the reception because that was how Bryan proposed to Caroline! I thought the reception went very smoothly and it was a good idea to dance between each course of the meal! The speeches all went off really well and I think everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I was extra excited to hear that UGA won! Brad’s girlfriend, Aly, was keeping us updated from Auburn! Brad was actually hoping UGA would beat his girlfriend’s team and the Dawgs pulled it off in the end! Couldn’t have been a better night!


Maid of Honor and the Best Man


Maid of Honor and Brad


Brad and I with our Uncle George


Brad and our cousin Lindsay


Brad and I

Brad and I mom on the dance floor!

Lindsay and her boyfriend, Andy.


The yummy brunch Scottie hosted the morning after the wedding!

I had so much fun being in your wedding Caroline. I wish you and Bryan all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment